Thursday, October 23, 2003

A Fond Farewell


October 24, 2003 - Concorde will make her last flight


Celebrate Concorde


To say that I am sad is an understatement. Before I left England, home for most of my life was about 15 minutes drive from Heathrow Airport. My Dad worked for a company that supplied safety equipment to many planes including Concorde. I worked for the same company in my late teens. Concorde was special. Concorde was the plane that would make the traffic come to a halt on the Ring Road at Heathrow. Sadly, as I have not lived in England for 14 years, I have only caught glimpses of her when I landed at Heathrow on trips back to the UK. My dream has always been to fly on her and that is probably the only dream that I will never realise. I expect that there will be a huge turnout at the airport to bid her farewell. Wish I could be there........


Concorde

No comments: